Regence teams up with Archangels to support caregivers, provides additional resources
As our community comes together to fight COVID-19 and stop the virus’ spread, caregivers face new and unique challenges while helping loved ones. Supporting caregivers during this challenging time is critical for the health of families, friends and neighbors—and Regence is here to help.
The health and well-being of patients and their caregivers are deeply connected, during COVID-19 and at any other time. Both need our support to ensure the long-term health of our community. Recognizing this bond, we were one of the first health plans in the nation to offer comprehensive palliative care benefits to both seriously ill patients and family caregivers. Many of us now are also taking on the role as a caregiver in some capacity as the COVID-19 outbreak rapidly evolves.
We’re in this together
Regence has partnered up with Archangels, a national movement recognizing and honoring caregivers—which now includes nearly all of us in some way, doing what we can to keep our country running and care for loved ones during these difficult times.
In recognition of supporting caregivers, consider taking the Archangels pledge today by displaying their message proudly on social media, email or with a flyer. See the links below to download.
- Archangels "Thank you for being a caregiver" badge with website—download for social media and email
- Archangels "Thank you for being a caregiver" badge without website—download for social media and email
- Archangels flyer/sign
Additional resources for caregivers
Below is a list of tools, resources and safeguards for caregivers to utilize as we navigate this pandemic while helping those we love.
- Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC) COVID-19 Response Resources Toolkit
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 information
- Family Caregivers Alliance
- Family Caregiving During the Coronavirus – US News & World Reports
- Practical Tips for Caregivers Concerned About Coronavirus – American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- Regence COVID-19 page with benefits and coverage information
- Regence care-on-demand telehealth options
- Regence Personalized Care Support Services
- Regence Newsroom Blog coverage of COVID-19, including:
- Regence medical directors advise social distancing, other safeguards as COVID-19 spreads
- Financially protecting yourself against COVID-19 scams
- Talking to kids about COVID-19
- Regence expands telehealth to ease access during COVID-19 Emergency
- Update on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to protect yourself
“As caregivers face new challenges, Regence eases the journey” – BlueCross BlueShield Association
Operation #SendSeniorsLove and #VirtuallyVItal. Watch a video from Marquis CEO, Steve Fogg to learn more about the initiatives.
We will continue to share ideas and resources. Please visit our social channels to share your thoughts and ideas as well. You can also read the stories below about nurses and caregivers at Regence who provide members with personalized care and support.