Negotiations with Salem Health Professional Services
To Our Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon Members,
We work with hospitals, medical groups and other providers to control costs and ensure high-quality care for you, our members. We take this job seriously and do our best to never put you in the middle.
Recently, we shared that Salem Health continues to demand a significant increase in what we pay them for your care. Unfortunately, they continue to hold this position, and as a result, Salem Health Professional Services (SHPS)—a group of medical professionals separate from the hospital—is now out of network for Regence members. We are here to support you through this transition and ensure you continue receiving uninterrupted, high-quality care.
Holding the line against expensive care
Salem Health is already more expensive than other in-network, local facilities. Historically they’ve demanded five times more than other local providers receive on average. Now, they are demanding an additional double-digit increase over the next two years. Overall, our members in Marion and Polk counties would see their health care costs rise by almost 30% from 2016 levels if these demands are met. As your advocate for high quality and affordable care, we are holding the line.
For members who visit Salem Health Professional Services (SHPS)
- While we continue to work towards reaching a new agreement that best serves our members and helps control costs, SHPS is now out of network for Regence members.
- In the interim, our Customer Service team remains ready to help and connect you with resources so you receive uninterrupted care and coverage from other in-network providers.
- Salem Health and West Valley Hospital remain in network through at least June 30, 2019.
- Regence contracts with other local, in-network providers who share our commitment to affordable care.
- To learn more about your options for high-quality, affordable care, call us at the number on the back of your Regence member ID card or visit regence.com. We are here to help connect you to the care you need, close to home.
We will update this page as negotiations with SHPS continue. Thank you for your support.