Regence announces ActiveCare health plan in Washington featuring accountable health networks
Plan features premier hospitals and doctors to deliver access to quality care for members at lower cost for employers
SEATTLE – Regence BlueShield has introduced a health insurance plan that is designed to help members achieve their best personal health while reducing costs for employers through exclusive partnerships with high quality local doctors and hospitals.
ActiveCareSM is built on an accountable health model. This model supports the doctors in its network to coordinate all of a member’s care to ensure they get the right treatment, at the right time and at the right facility. This collaborative care approach, including an increased focus on prevention, results in a better health care experience and improved health outcomes for members, and provides employers with the option to select and offer a plan with more affordable premiums than traditional PPO products.
ActiveCare currently is available with these known and trusted local health care providers:
- Regence ActiveCare EvergreenHealth Partners/Virginia Mason
- Regence ActiveCare MultiCare
- Regence ActiveCare The Everett Clinic
- Regence ActiveCare UW Medicine
“ActiveCare is an innovative health plan providing value to Washington employers as they look to provide their employees with enhanced quality care at a lower cost,” said Don Antonucci, president of Regence BlueShield. “We’ve already seen tremendous interest in ActiveCare, which is an example of the unique solutions Regence continues to bring to market to improve health care and address rising costs.”
In addition to covered benefits similar to Regence PPO plans, ActiveCare features include:
- Lab and Radiology Services: The first $400 in outpatient services covered at 100 percent.
- Affordable Prescriptions: $4 copay on select generic and brand-name medications for specific conditions.
- Consumer-Friendly Wellness Tools:
- Regence Advice24 nurse line for expert medical advice around the clock
- Case Management for individualized treatment plans, when necessary
- Special Beginnings® maternity management for 24/7 pregnancy support from caring professionals
- Regence Condition Manager for ongoing guidance and care to manage your chronic condition
- Regence Advantages for discounts on leading health-related products and services
- RegenceRx® for the most effective medications at the best possible prices
Each member enrolled in an ActiveCare plan chooses a primary care physician (PCP) within their affiliated ActiveCare provider group who will coordinate their care, including referrals to any specialists within that group to ensure the best health outcomes and lowest cost.
“Quality in medicine really can lower costs. When you do a good job of preventive care and provide the best care for chronic conditions, patients have fewer visits to the ER, fewer medical visits, and as a result, lower costs,” said Rick Cooper, CEO of The Everett Clinic. “Our team of providers is committed to keeping costs down while ensuring high quality care and this plan is a good fit.”
ActiveCare is currently available to groups of 51 or more in King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties. Additional ActiveCare networks are being added on an ongoing basis. More details and a video about ActiveCare and accountable care networks are available at regence.com/ActiveCare-WA.
About Regence BlueShield
Regence BlueShield is a leading health plan in Washington with almost a million members, offering health, life and dental insurance. Regence is the largest health insurer in the Northwest / Intermountain Region, serving more than two million members as Regence BlueShield (selected counties in Washington), Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon and Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah. Each plan is a nonprofit independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Regence is committed to improving the health of our members and our communities, and to transforming our health care system. For more information, please visit www.regence.com or www.twitter.com/RegenceWA.