SALT LAKE CITY – Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah members paying for doctor, lab, hospital or clinic visits are now offered the Wellero smartphone app to streamline the health care payment process. The Wellero mobile application gives consumers a retail experience when paying for health care services by allowing them to view what they owe at the time of the visit, and to pay their portion of the bill before leaving the office. In addition to Wellero’s bill paying service, Regence customers also now have the ability to see their benefit details from their smartphone.
“Regence is excited to connect our members with providers by offering state-of-the-art mobile payment technology to make the health care bill-payment process clearer and more efficient,” said Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah President Jennifer Danielson. “We encourage Utah providers to check out the Wellero app, and sign up to receive payments through Wellero.”
Health care providers signing up for Wellero receive the following benefits:
- Consumer copay and coinsurance can be collected at the time of the service through a patient’s smartphone and electronically deposited into the provider’s account within 48 hours.
- Save staff time with automatic eligibility verification that instantly confirms benefits and deductible information.
- Wellero reduces claims paperwork and billing errors by applying health plan clinical editing rules at the time of the service, increasing administrative efficiencies and reducing lost revenue from rejected claims.
Additionally, there are no monthly subscription fees or equipment to buy. Wellero is fully compatible with major back-end claims systems, making implementation seamless.
Sign-up benefits for Regence members include:
- Wellero is offered free of charge as an iOS and Android mobile app.
- Wellero’s app is safe and secure, and is both HIPAA and PCI compliant.
- There are no surprise bills in the mail later. Members leave each office visit without outstanding payments or bills. Some members may even receive a discount on services from participating providers by paying on-the-spot.
- Detailed information about costs and copays are accurate and based on the consumer’s specific benefit plan.
- Consumers can use their Health Savings Accounts (HSA), debit or credit cards through Wellero without additional processes or paperwork.
“It’s time to bring healthcare into the 21st century and simplify how we pay for healthcare services,” said Hanny Freiwat, co-founder of Wellero. “As people get healthcare coverage for the first time or are faced with paying for a larger share of their expenses, tools like Wellero are transforming our system and making it easier for both consumers and providers to manage their healthcare finances.”
To learn more about Wellero, visit www.Wellero.com. Consumers are invited to download the app in the Apple app store™ or from Google Play®. Providers can also register with Wellero at portal.wellero.com.
Wellero™ is part of the Cambia Health Solutions family of companies. Wellero™ puts a powerful retail healthcare application in the consumer's pocket. This powerful point of sale solution gives consumers access to the information they need to complete healthcare payments and transactions at the time of service.
About Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah
Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah, based in Salt Lake City, is the state’s first health insurer and now provides nearly 465,000 members with comprehensive health insurance solutions. As a nonprofit independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, Regence is part of a family of companies dedicated to transforming health care by delivering innovative products and services that change the way consumers in Utah and nationwide experience health care. For more information, please visit regence.com, facebook.com/regenceutah, or twitter.com/regenceutah.