Regence wins national award for Latino marketing program
Award reflects Regence’s commitment to making health insurance accessible for Latinos
Portland, Ore. — Regence BlueCross BlueShield announced today that it recently won “best of show” in the consumer marketing category at the national Best of Blue Marketing and Communications Award Program in Chicago. Regence was selected from nearly 150 entries, and the award is in recognition of Regence’s marketing and outreach efforts to the Latino community over the past year.
“By 2010, it’s estimated the Latino population in Regence’s service area will reach 1.5 million people,” said Regence emerging markets manager Francisco Garbayo. “Regence recognizes the changing face of our communities, and we are committed to engaging the Latino community and breaking down the linguistic and cultural barriers that make it difficult for many to understand the health insurance system in the United States.”
Because much of the Latino population is relatively new to the American health care system, Regence has focused its outreach around education on key health issues and the importance of health insurance. Efforts include:
- Implementing a Latino concierge program, where bilingual and bicultural representatives offer customer service and act as navigators and guides to Regence’s departments and medical providers.
- Producing Spanish language health education radio and TV spots and publishing health information sheets, such as a glossary of health care terms.
- Launching a heroes campaign honoring Latino social service organizations and community leaders who are making a difference in the community.
- Creating a health insurance video that demonstrates the benefits of health care.
- Humanizing the Regence Brand through relationships in the Latino community and participating in Hispanic Heritage Month and other Latino celebrations.
Regence is the largest health insurer in the Northwest / Intermountain Region, offering health, life and dental insurance. Regence serves three million members as Regence BlueShield (in Washington), Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield of Idaho. Each health plan is a not-for-profit independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Regence is committed to improving the health of our members and our communities, and to transforming our health care system. For more information, please visit regence.com.