Local Oregon podcasts speak with Regence about Medicare benefit offerings to meet personal needs and budgets
From Oct. 15 through Dec. 7, people eligible for Medicare can shop and enroll in health plans for coverage that starts Jan. 1, 2022.
Whether you’re new to Medicare or looking to renew your coverage with benefits tailored to you, shopping for the right Medicare plan can be daunting. We are here to help.
Regence’s Dara Smith, who oversees Medicare product and sales, and Autumn Edwards, who is an Oregon-based sales executive, recently sat down with the host of ‘Insurance Talk’ to talk about the range of high-value 2022 Medicare coverage options through Regence.
In addition to highlighting Regence’s reduced HMO premium cost of $35 per month, the duo discussed several other benefit options to consider when shopping for a Medicare plan. This includes benefits from select Regence Medicare Advantage plans like:
- Alternative care options including therapeutic massage, naturopathy, acupuncture and chiropractic services.
- An annual allowance for bathroom safety devices such as shower bars and chairs, lifted toilets, etc.
- Fresh and healthy meal options delivered to a members’ homes through Mom’s Meals*, including meals to manage specific health conditions like diabetes.
- Virtual support through Papa Pals* to provide companionship and assistance with everyday tasks such as grocery shopping, pharmacy pickup and technology support.
- Prescription drug copays as low as $0 for preferred generic drugs, and discounted copays for three-month supplies on generic and preferred brand medications.
- $0 copay for preventative dental, routine vision and hearing exams—this includes hearing aid coverage and a vision hardware allowance.
- $0 Silver and Fit membership with access to thousands of fitness center; benefit includes a home fitness kit with your choice of Fitbit or Garmin device and on-demand exercise classes.
For those looking for more guidance when selecting 2022 Medicare coverage, listen to the ‘YOUR CUE’ podcast Autumn recorded for KQEN new radio. She explains the differences between HMO and PPO plans and how your individual needs help determine the type of plan that’s best for you. “It’s all about how you use your insurance,” says Autumn.
‘Insurance Talk’ was recorded in Deschutes County and ‘YOUR CUE’ was recorded in Douglas County — Regence Medicare members in both counties have a wide range of providers to choose from for their health care needs.
Learn more about Regence’s Medicare options in Oregon by listening to 'Insurance Talk' or ‘YOUR CUE.' You can also visit regence.com/medicare for more information.
*These benefits require pre-qualification and member must have one or more medically complex chronic conditions.
Regence is an HMO/PPO/PDP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Regence depends on contract renewal. Other providers are available in our network.