National Volunteer Week 2022: Employee volunteerism thrives at Regence
Employee volunteerism has a long history at Regence. National Volunteer Week (April 17 to 23) gives us a chance to shine a light on our many employees who give back to their communities.
Regence makes it simple for employees to volunteer. Our corporate social responsibility team curates and shares volunteer opportunities to help people find an activity that matches their talents and interests. We encourage departments to sign up for volunteering as a team-building activity. Employees who want to serve on the board of a local organization are encouraged and supported through our board placement program. We applaud all our employees who volunteer, whether as part of Regence or on their own time.
Over the past few years, volunteering has looked very different from what we have been used to. Many volunteer options went online, while most in-person opportunities assisted people dealing with the pandemic. This shift to virtual volunteer opportunities, however, did not stop Regence employees from continuing their commitment to helping others—especially during a time of historic need, loss and uncertainty.
In 2020 and 2021, Regence employees delivered meals to vulnerable seniors, distributed PPE, cooked for health care workers, staffed COVID-19 vaccine clinics and worked at soup kitchens and food banks. Earlier this month, a group of Regence employees spent the day volunteering in person at Medical Teams International, a humanitarian aid agency providing life-saving care for refugees, disaster survivors, mothers and children. The fact that this was the first in-person volunteer group since the pandemic began added to the significance of the day for the volunteers.
Regence is committed to investing in the people and places where we live, work and play. During the last year, we have made considerable contributions to the communities in our four-state footprint, especially thanks to our employees. Below is a summary of 2021 giving and you can learn more at regence.com.
Regence Community Giving in 2021
- $1.3M to Idaho nonprofit organizations
- 22 employees serving on the boards of Idaho nonprofit organizations
- 1,748 employee volunteer hours
- $3.4M to Oregon nonprofit organizations
- 77 employees serving on the boards of Oregon nonprofit organizations
- 2,530 employee volunteer hours
- $6M to Utah nonprofit organizations
- 10 employees serving on the boards of Utah nonprofit organizations
- 305 employee volunteer hours
- $2.2M to Washington nonprofit organizations
- 39 employees serving on the boards of Washington nonprofit organizations
- 1,790 employee volunteer hours