Giving back to the community has always been a key priority for Regence. In addition to commitment to the community, educating our members and creating a transparent experience has been something we continually work towards.
In light of these two considerations, and the ongoing celebration of our centennial, Regence is excited to announce that it has retained the services of ECONorthwest, an independent economic consulting firm, to assess the effects our operations and employees have on the Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Utah economies.
A few takeaways from the reports include:
- Oregon – provided 2,411 jobs, each of which supported another 1.9 jobs elsewhere in Oregon, for a total of 4,499 positions.
- Washington – provided 2,236 jobs, each of which supported another 1.4 jobs elsewhere in Washington, for a total of 3,162 positions.
- Idaho – provided 562 jobs, each of which supported another 1.4 jobs elsewhere in Idaho, for a total of 766 positions.
- Utah – provided 375 jobs, each of which supported another 1.8 jobs elsewhere in Utah, for a total of 673 positions.
- Oregon – donated $5.3 million to 586 local organizations and volunteered 4,561 hours
- Washington – donated $3.6 million to 484 local organizations and volunteered 1,798 hours
- Idaho – donated $650,834 to 110 local organizations and volunteered 1,269 hours
- Utah – donated $755,809 to 107 local organizations and volunteered 813 hours
- Oregon - 55% of total operations expenditures—about $235 million—were spent locally in Oregon.
- Washington - 77 percent of total operations expenditures—about $170.6 million—were spent locally Washington.
- Idaho - 83.1% of total operations and capital expenditures—about $36 million—were spent locally in Idaho.
- Utah – 89.3% of total operations and capital expenditures—about $33.3 million—were spent locally in Utah.
You can view the full reports, here:Idaho