Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon shows you don’t have to spend a lot to get a lot from its 2022 Medicare plans
Choose from easy-to-use benefits that were designed to help protect your health, finances and peace of mind
Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon has proudly served Oregonians for 80 years as a local, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan. Regence offers head-to-toe coverage with more plan benefits and coverage options than Original Medicare. We partner with trusted local hospitals, clinics and doctors who share our commitment to high-quality, cost-effective health care. Medicare-eligible residents in 18 Oregon counties, including Clackamas, Columbia, Deschutes, Douglas, Multnomah, Lane, Jackson, Josephine, Washington, and Yamhill counties as well as Clark County, Wash., can enroll in a Regence Medicare Advantage plan during Medicare’s annual enrollment period, Oct. 15 through Dec. 7*. Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans are also available in all Oregon counties.
Select 2022 Regence Medicare plans include benefit options for prescription drug coverage, alternative medicine, convenient care and more.
- Affordable monthly premiums as low as $0.
- Affordable primary care copays as low as $0.
- $0 medical deductible and low out-of-pocket maximums.
- $0 annual physical exam, preventative services and immunizations.
- $0 copay for preventive dental, routine vision and hearing exams; includes hearing aid coverage and a vision hardware allowance.
- $35/month maximum copay on all covered insulins.
- Prescription copays as low as $0 for preferred generic drugs; discounted copay for three-month supplies of generic and preferred brand medications; and convenient home delivery options.
- Prepaid card offering $40 to use every three months for over-the-counter health items, and discounts on items once the allowance has been used. Qualified items can be purchased online or at local retail locations.
- Alternative medicine options including therapeutic massage, naturopathy, routine chiropractic services and acupuncture.
In addition, all 2022 Regence Medicare Advantage plans offer holistic support for nutrition, social isolation, independent living, palliative care and fitness.
- $100 annual allowance for bathroom safety devices.
- $0 meals delivered at no cost through Mom’s Meals® for qualifying members with a chronic condition or after a hospital, skilled nursing or rehabilitation stay.
- Virtual support through Papa Pals® where qualifying members are paired with trained caregivers to provide up to four hour-long visits each month ($0 copay); activities can include delivering groceries and prescriptions, training to use computers and mobile devices, and building social connections.
- $0 personal emergency response system device to support independent living and greater peace of mind. Benefit includes 24/7 access to highly trained responders for help; built-in fall detection; ability for personal caregivers to sync and monitor devices; and additional resources for transportation, food insecurity, and social isolation.
- $0 advance care planning and palliative care for specific end-of-life planning and services, including comprehensive care assessments, pain and symptom management, as well as psychological and spiritual support.
- $0 membership access to 16,000+ participating fitness centers and select YMCAs; benefit includes a home fitness kit with your choice of Fitbit or Garmin device, 1-on-1 weekly health coaching, and on-demand exercise classes.
Regence Medicare Advantage plans also include national and international coverage, as well as options designed specifically for veterans and their families.
- Nationwide access to in-network providers contracted with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association PPO Network Sharing Program in 47 states; Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Core program for access to urgent and emergency care in over 190 countries and territories.
- Regence Valiance plans for veterans offer additional coverage and support to complement Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits, including flexibility to choose from a broader network of doctors, behavioral health resources, and more.
Additional Regence Medicare coverage options and support
Regence will continue offering Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans that cover costs beyond Original Medicare coverage. These plans also include $0 membership access to 16,000+ participating fitness centers and select YMCAs, a home fitness kit with your choice of Fitbit or Garmin device, and on-demand exercise classes.
Regardless of the plan, all Regence Medicare members have access to additional resources and support at no additional cost. This includes the Regence mobile app and personalized online member portal, along with the Regence Advice24 nurse line that offers 24/7 access to a registered nurse, via computer or mobile device. Regence members also have support from our local, award-winning Customer Service team.
We’re here to help
Current members can call the number on the back of their Regence card with questions about their Medicare Advantage plans or 2021 options. Customer Service can be reached 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week from Oct. 1 through March 31; otherwise hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. Live online chat assistance is also available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. To access online chat, log in at regence.com and click the Contact us link. More information is also available online at regence.com/medicare.
* Those enrolled in Medicare can sign up or switch to a Medicare Advantage plan during Medicare’s annual election period (AEP) that runs Oct. 15 through Dec. 7 each year with a Jan. 1 coverage effective date.
Regence is an HMO/PPO/PDP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Regence depends on contract renewal. Other providers are available in our network.