Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah offers 2021 Medicare plans to meet diverse care needs, budgets and lifestyles
New benefits designed to support personal health and well-being with nutrition, social connection, and more; including expanded service in eight Utah counties
Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah has proudly Utahns for 75 years as a local, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan. For 2021 Regence offers a range of high-value, cost-effective Medicare coverage options to meet diverse care needs, budgets and lifestyles. Medicare-eligible residents in 12 Utah counties can enroll in a Regence Medicare Advantage plan during Medicare’s annual enrollment period, Oct. 15 through Dec. 7*. This includes expanded service in Box Elder, Cache, Iron, Morgan, Summit, Tooele, Wasatch and Washington counties. Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans are also available in most counties.
Select 2021 Regence Medicare plans include benefit options for prescription drug coverage, alternative medicine, convenient care and more.
- Prescription copays as low as $0 for preferred generic drugs; discounted copay for three-month supplies of generic and preferred brand medications; and convenient home delivery options.
- Prepaid card ($40 to use every three months) for over-the-counter health items and discounts; funds can be used to buy qualified items at participating retail locations or online.
- Access alternative medicine options including routine chiropractic services.
- $0 annual physical exam, preventative services and immunizations; as low as $0 for virtual doctor visits (telehealth) with licensed providers via computer or mobile device; and personalized programs and support to manage chronic conditions.
- $0 copay for preventive dental, routine vision and hearing exams; includes hearing aid coverage and a vision hardware allowance.
In addition to the benefits above, 2021 Regence Medicare Advantage plans also offer more holistic support for nutrition, social isolation, independent living and fitness.
- $0 meals delivered at no cost through Mom’s Meals for qualifying members with a chronic condition or after a hospital, skilled nursing or rehabilitation stay.
- Virtual support through Papa Pals where qualifying members are paired with trained caregivers to provide up to four hour-long visits each month ($0 copay); activities can include delivering groceries and prescriptions, training to use computers and mobile devices, and building social connections.
- $0 personal emergency response system device to support independent living and greater peace of mind. Benefit includes 24/7 access to highly trained responders for help; built-in fall detection; ability for personal caregivers to sync and monitor devices; and additional resources for transportation, food insecurity, and social isolation.
- $0 advanced care planning and palliative care for specific end-of-life planning and services, including comprehensive care assessments, pain and symptom management, as well as psychological and spiritual support.
- $0 membership access to 15,000+ participating fitness centers and select YMCAs; benefit includes two home fitness kits, Fitbit or Garmin device, 1-on-1 weekly health coaching, and online exercise classes through Facebook Live.
Regence Medicare Advantage plans also include national and international coverage, as well as options designed specifically for veterans and their families.
- Nationwide access to in-network providers contracted with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association PPO Network Sharing Program in 43 states; Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Core program for access to urgent and emergency care in over 190 countries and territories.
- The new Regence Valiance plans for veterans offer additional coverage and support to complement Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits, including flexibility to choose from a broader network of doctors, behavioral health resources, and more.
Additional Regence Medicare coverage options and support
Regence will continue offering Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans that cover costs beyond Original Medicare coverage. Regardless of the plan, all Regence Medicare members have access to additional resources and support at no additional cost. This includes the Regence mobile app and online member portal, along with the Regence Advice24 nurse line that offers 24/7 access to a registered nurse, via computer or mobile device. Regence members also have access to our local, award-winning Customer Service team.
We’re here to help
Current members can call the number on the back of their Regence card with questions about their Medicare Advantage plans or 2021 options. Customer Service can be reached 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week from Oct. 1 through March 31; otherwise hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. More information is also available online at regence.com/medicare.
* Those enrolled in Medicare can sign up or switch to a Medicare Advantage plan during Medicare’s annual election period (AEP) that runs Oct. 15 through Dec. 7 each year with a Jan. 1 coverage effective date.
Regence is an HMO/PPO/PDP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Regence depends on contract renewal. Other providers are available in our network. Regence complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-541-8981 (TTY: 711). 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-800-541-8981（TTY: 711).