Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah’s 2020 Medicare Advantage plans provide high-quality options and benefits to meet diverse health care needs and budgets
Serving counties with deeper partnerships with local providers, and new benefits to maintain and improve health and well-being
During Medicare’s annual election period, occurring now through Dec. 7*, people shopping for Medicare coverage options will have a wider range of high-quality, cost-effective coverage and benefits with Regence’s 2020 Medicare Advantage plans.
Current Regence members and those looking to change plans have even more choices, with coverage starting Jan. 1, 2020. For select plans, Regence Medicare Advantage plans are available with monthly premiums as low as $0 with medical benefits, which include alternative care benefits such as chiropractic services with no referrals needed.
New and expanded health plan benefits, personalized coverage options
Select 2020 Regence Medicare Advantage plans offer many high-quality benefits, including:
- $0 PPO plan for Medicare-eligible veterans with additional benefits beyond what their veteran benefits cover
- New $0 meal home delivery; qualifying members can receive up to two fully-prepared meals daily for 28 days after a hospital, skilled nursing or rehabilitation stay
- Silver&Fit® network with access to over 14,000 fitness center locations that include specially-designed group classes at no cost, or up to two Home Fitness kits per year in place of a fitness center membership
“When shopping for Medicare coverage in 2020, it’s important for people to think about specific health care needs, current doctors and conditions, personal budgets, and customer service support,” says Kathleen Faulk, general manager of government programs for Regence. “We’re excited to offer expanded benefits and alternative care options so that Regence members have more ways to maintain and improve their health holistically. Health care is personal and diverse, so health plans should reflect this reality.”
Comprehensive benefit coverage, locally and nationwide
In addition to expanded benefits, select 2020 Regence Medicare Advantage plans can also offer:
- No deductible for generic prescription drugs, including drugs to treat chronic conditions
- Low $3 copay on preferred generic drugs at a preferred pharmacy
- Prescription discounts available by mail-order or retail pharmacies with three-month supplies
- $0 copay for dental cleanings, exams and x-rays
- $0 copay annual eye exam and vision hardware allowance
- Routine hearing exam and hearing aid coverage for all plans
- Virtual access to care, known as telehealth, for certain physical and mental health services
- Nationwide access to in-network providers contracted with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association PPO Network Sharing Program
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Core program for access to urgent and emergency care in over 190 countries and territories around the world
Strong Star Ratings for all 2020 Regence Medicare Advantage plans
Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. Recently, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah announced its 2020 Star Ratings from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), earning 4.5 Stars for its PPO plans. Achieving a rating of 4 Stars or higher indicates that a health plan is performing above average compared to other health plans, and reflects Regence’s relentless commitment to provide high-quality, cost-effective coverage to Medicare members.
Regence will continue offering its Medicare Supplement plans that cover costs beyond Original Medicare coverage, and Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) for those who want to add prescription drug coverage to their Medicare Supplement and/or Medicare plan.
Regardless of the plan they choose, all Regence Medicare members have access to resources and support at no additional cost. This includes the Regence mobile app and regence.com member portal, along with the Regence Advice24 nurse line which offers 24/7 access to a registered nurse, via computer or mobile device. Regence members also have access to its award-winning Customer Service team.
More information about Regence’s Medicare Advantage plans is available at regence.com/medicare. Regence Medicare plan advisors are also available by calling 1 (844) REGENCE (734-3623), 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific Time during Medicare’s annual election period; otherwise plan advisors are available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Current Regence members can call the number on the back of their card with any questions about their current Medicare Advantage plan or 2020 options. Customer Service can be reached 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week from Oct. 1 through March 31; otherwise hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.
* Those enrolled in Medicare can sign up or switch to a Medicare Advantage plan during Medicare’s annual election period (AEP) that runs Oct. 15 through Dec. 7 each year with a Jan. 1 coverage effective date.
Regence is an HMO/PPO/PDP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Regence depends on contract renewal. Regence complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-541-8981 (TTY: 711). 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-800-541-8981（TTY: 711).