Regence celebrates earth day all year long
Regence is committed to sustainability and we believe that aligning environmental stewardship, economic health and social equity create strong, vibrant communities. Our employees celebrate Earth Day all year long by supporting initiatives that create more sustainable environments.
- Employees in our Burlington, Wash. office join and operate an on-site garden
- Our Portland, Ore. office has a platinum LEED certification
- Our Lewiston, ID office has an Adopt-A-Street program, which involves regular cleanups to promote civic responsibility
- Our employees in Salt Lake City participate in sustainable food programs like the Utah Food Bank’s mobile pantry program
These small actions lead to big impact. If you’d like to engage in sustainable activities, here are some tips to get you started now:
- Declutter and donate – Look around your home or workplace: are there items cluttering up your space that you could donate for others to use?
- Borrow – Borrowing seldom-used items (tools, kitchen gadgets, kids’ toys) saves money, cuts clutter and is great for the environment.
- Active transportation –As the weather improves, consider an alternate mode of transport, like walking, biking or longboarding to work or school.
Together, by taking small actions day-by-day, we can work toward strong and sustainable communities.