Regence continues expanding virtual care resources and support as U.S. mental health crisis continues
- Nearly 50 million – almost 20% – of adults in the U.S. experienced mental illness in 2019
- Almost 5% of adults have serious thoughts of suicide – a number that has increased every year over the last decade
- More than 60% of youth with major depression don’t get mental health treatment
Finding the right behavioral health care and resources that works for you
Each of us has our own personal needs and preferences when it comes to taking care of our physical health, and the same is true when it comes to our mental health. Finding the right health care provider who can take new patients, however, can be a challenge.
Regence members have access to a growing number of virtual care options like telehealth, which can provide greater convenience and lower costs depending on coverage. A few examples include:
- Talkspace provides digital health modules, online coaching, virtual psychotherapy and medication management for ages 13 and older.
- nOCD specializes in virtual therapy for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) for ages 6 and older.
- Charlie Health is designed for teens and young adults ages 11 to 26 years, and offers group, family and individual therapy. It combines virtual and office options, depending on location and has specialized tracks in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), LGBTQ+, trauma and substance use disorders.
- Eleanor Health provides virtual and in-person treatment for substance use disorders and mental health conditions. Treatment can include medication-assisted therapy (MAT), psychiatry, psychotherapy, nursing care management and community support services.
Remember to dial 988 for help during a mental health crisis
On July 16, 2022, a new emergency three-digit dialing code launched to address the pressing need for additional mental health support for individuals in crisis throughout the United States. People who call, text or chat 988 will be connected to trained counselors as part of the existing National Suicide Prevention Lifeline network. Using 988 is confidential, free and available 24 hours a day year-round, offering call services in English and Spanish along with interpretation services in over 150 languages.
We’re here to help
Regence members can visit regence.com to explore behavioral health resources and provider options based on their health plan. Our award-winning Customer Service team is also available to help, by either calling the number on the back of your Regence member ID card or by logging in to your member account for live chat or to send a message.