SALT LAKE CITY – Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah is expanding to offer Medicare Advantage plans in eight more counties in Utah; Box Elder, Cache, Iron, Morgan, Summit, Tooele, Wasatch and Washington counties. As a result, Medicare-eligible residents in 12 Utah counties can enroll in a 2021 Regence plan during open enrollment, Oct. 15 through Dec. 7*.
“We are excited to have expanded our coverage from Utah’s most southern border to its most northern border,” said Brent Hess, director of Medicare Sales at Regence. “All Utahns deserve high-quality, high-value health care coverage options.”
As a local, tax-paying, nonprofit health insurer, Regence offers a range of high-value, cost-effective Medicare coverage options designed to meet diverse care needs, lifestyles and budgets. Its Medicare Advantage plans also include national and international coverage, as well as options designed specifically for veterans and their families.
- The new Regence Valiance plans for veterans offer additional coverage and support to complement Veterans Affairs benefits. These plans give veterans the flexibility to choose from a broader network of local doctors, behavioral health resources, and more.
- Nationwide access to in-network providers contracted with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association PPO Network Sharing Program in 43 states. Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Core program provides access to urgent and emergency care in over 190 countries and territories.
Regence Medicare Advantage benefit options include access to Utah’s largest provider network, prescription drug coverage, convenient care, alternative medicine and more. 2021 plans also offer holistic support that addresses nutrition, social isolation, independent living and fitness – all at a $0 copay for qualifying Medicare members.
- Mom’s Meals for members with a chronic condition or after a hospital, skilled nursing or rehabilitation stay.
- Papa Pals with virtual support provided by trained caregivers four times monthly
- Personal emergency response system includes 24/7 access to highly trained responders for help and built-in fall detection device.
- Palliative care for specific end-of-life planning and services as well as advanced care planning
- Membership to participating fitness centers in Utah, two home fitness kits, a Fitbit or Garmin device, 1-on-1 weekly health coaching, and online exercise classes through Facebook Live.
- Regence Advice24 nurse line, 24/7, and support provided by a local, award-winning customer service team.
To help educate Medicare Advantage consumers who are shopping for a health plan, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) rates health insurers annually. These ratings are based on more than 40 different performance indicators that evaluate care quality and member experience. Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah was recently recognized in the CMS Star Ratings** when its Medicare Advantage PPO plan earned 4 out of 5 stars, which is above average compared to other health plans. More details here.
*Those enrolled in Medicare can sign up or switch to a Medicare Advantage plan during Medicare’s annual election period (AEP) that runs Oct. 15 through Dec. 7 each year with a Jan. 1 coverage effective date.
** Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.
Regence is an HMO/PPO/PDP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Regence depends on contract renewal. Other providers are available in our network. Regence complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-541-8981 (TTY: 711). 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-800-541-8981（TTY: 711).
About Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah
Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah, based in Salt Lake City, is the state’s first health insurer and now provides more than 640,000 members with comprehensive health insurance solutions. As a nonprofit independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, Regence is part of a family of companies dedicated to transforming health care by delivering innovative products and services that change the way consumers in Utah and nationwide experience health care. For more information, please visit regence.com, facebook.com/regenceutah or twitter.com/regenceutah.