PORTLAND, Ore. - Regence has lowered premiums and expanded its 2019 Medicare Advantage plan offerings in almost all counties across its four-state service area. Medicare-eligible individuals that live in Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Washington will have multiple Regence health plan options based on the state and county where they live.
On select 2019 plans, Regence has lowered copays on medical benefits and will offer coverage for alternative medical services like chiropractic, acupuncture and naturopathy visits.
Regence Medicare Advantage members will also have access to new online features at no additional cost, including:
- Regence Empower, a health and well-being program that offers personalized wellness information and health tracking, as well as potential rewards for eligible members in Utah and Idaho.
- 24/7 virtual primary care provider access via computer or mobile device
- Virtual diabetes prevention program that provides education and support for those at risk of developing diabetes
- Prescription drug resource to research medications and compare prices to save money
“Medicare members are savvy shoppers with vastly different health care needs, and we’re excited to offer new, high-value health resources in 2019 along with our cost-effective health plan options,” said Kathleen Faulk, general manager of government programs for Regence. “We take our role in people’s health care seriously, delivering a seamless health care experience and unparalleled customer service.”
Health plan option for Medicare-eligible veterans
In most of its four-state service area, Regence has lowered the monthly premium for its medical-only Medicare Advantage Basic PPO plan. A low or no cost medical-only Medicare Advantage plan helps Medicare-eligible veterans have access to more doctors, specialists and other providers, as well as additional benefits beyond what their veteran benefits cover.
Regence’s 2019 Medicare Advantage plans offer a wide range of other benefits as well, which may include:
- No deductible for generic prescription drugs
- $0 copay for dental cleanings, exams and x-rays
- $0 copay annual eye exam and vision hardware allowance
- Routine hearing exam and hearing aid benefit
- Silver&Fit® Program membership at no cost
- Personalized care support program, providing benefits for consultative and emotional support visits for people with serious illness
- Nationwide access to in-network providers contracted with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association PPO Network Sharing Program
In 2019, Regence will also continue offering its Medicare Supplement plans that cover the costs not covered by Original Medicare, and Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) plans for those who want to add prescription drug coverage to their Medicare Supplement and/or Original Medicare plan.
Those enrolled in Medicare can sign up or switch to a Medicare Advantage plan during Medicare’s annual election period (AEP) that runs Oct. 15 to Dec. 7 each year with a Jan. 1 effective date. To learn more about available Regence plans, visit regence.com/medicare, or call a Regence Medicare plan advisor at 1 (844) REGENCE (734-3623) (TTY: 711). During AEP, hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific time; otherwise plan advisors are available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Regence is an HMO/PPO/PDP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Regence depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Call 1-800-541-8981 (TTY: 711) for more information. Regence complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-541-8981 (TTY: 711). 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-800-541-8981（TTY: 711).
Regence serves approximately 2.5 million members through Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (select counties in Washington). Each health plan is a nonprofit independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Regence is part of a family of companies dedicated to transforming health care by delivering innovative products and services that change the way consumers nationwide experience health care. For more information, please visit regence.com.