PORTLAND, Ore. – Regence is providing up to $35 million in financial relief to commercial health plan customers in its four-state footprint through a premium credit. Select fully insured group and individual Regence health plan customers across Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Washington will receive a credit for a portion of their health care premium on upcoming bills.
“Our communities have faced unprecedented stress and widespread economic hardship these past few months because of COVID-19,” said Jared Short, president and chief operating officer. “During this time, some of our members have paid for coverage for care that they were not able to fully access. While much uncertainty remains, we believe offering relief for our members, customers and communities is the right thing to do, and we appreciate the support of our regulators in being able to provide it.”
The premium credits are the latest among a number of steps the health plan has taken to support members, employers, providers, business partners and local communities through the COVID-19 public health crisis.
Throughout the pandemic, Regence has announced a series of significant initiatives to support members, business partners and communities. These include:
- Providing no-cost COVID-19 treatment to fully insured members through December 2020, as well as no-cost testing, and reaching out proactively to high-risk members
- Expanding virtual care services, including primary care and behavioral health, to ensure safe health care access
- Working collaboratively with providers to support them through economic challenges, including expediting claims payments and removing pre-authorizations for select services
- Listening to and collaborating with our customers on solutions such as grace periods and leave-of-absence policies to enable employee coverage to continue – and providing educational events on back-to-work strategies
- Helping community partners on the front lines through investments in programs that aid food security, caregivers and the health care workforce; together with its employees and corporate foundation, Regence has committed nearly $10 million in philanthropic investments to care for people affected by COVID-19.
Regence’s website, regence.com/go/covid-19, provides up-to-date information on our COVID-19 response and community support, including expanded resources for self-care as people face mental health challenges.
Regence serves 3.1 million members through its Regence health plans in Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Washington. Each Regence health plan is a nonprofit independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Regence is part of a family of companies dedicated to transforming health care by delivering innovative products and services that change the way consumers nationwide experience health care. For more information, please visit regence.com.